Tuesday 4 November 2014

Ajith Kozhikote: A Day Well Spent With The Little Dynamites


It was really a pleasant evening, when I met the powerhouse of energy, and the tiny, little rockstars of my hospital over this weekend. I keep really busy because of my hectic schedule and huge responsibilities. At this packed time, I have to take care of my patients, scrutinize their health, analyze their recovery graph. Sometimes, this is not enough for your patients, you need to give a bit more to nurture this beautiful relationship.

My hospital staff is really supportive, I am obliged to have such heart warming people around me, who keep the lives of others before their own priorities. My hospital staff observed the children's wards really minutely, the chirpy kids were silent, the air of grief and sorrow touched our souls, and we decided to make an evening special for these tinker bells.

This weekend the whole staff accompanied me to the hospital, and we dedicated an evening to these kids. The back to bachpan memories were relived with these children, and believe me the day could have not been better. Every day, we become the puppets of responsibilities and duties, and forget to do our real deeds. It is to fill someone's life with happiness, and bring some joy on their disappointed faces, but do we really do that. Yes, we do that, but somewhere we need to express it to the people around us that we really care for you.

This evening we expressed our feelings to these kids, that they are really the life of our hospital. We did not want them to lose hope, or feel they were not the special ones, because they were not playing like other children with their friends or they were not going to the school. We brought the life back to that ward by playing games, reciting poems, relishing the candies, and most importantly sharing those loving moments with them. The noise from the children's ward on Monday morning confirmed the success of the plan. Kudos to the team behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment