Tuesday 16 September 2014

Soft Corner For Movies: Ajith Kozhikote

I am a hardcore professional, and when I am a physician at Maharashtra's hospital, I am deeply involved in treating my patients. The sleepless nights to become a physician have also helped me in discovering my love for movies. All those days of hard work, when I was not willing to peep in the medical books, I gazed at the TV screen whole night. My love for Hindi cinema has developed since then, I could watch back to back movies on my television when not studying. Those were the golden times when I followed the Raj Kapoor era very intimately.

The beautiful themes, incredible actors, and the gorgeous ladies of Hindi cinema have always given me a reason to stick with my passion, even after such a busy schedule. Raj Kapoor, a legendary actor, director had such a charm and his excellent acting abilities have driven me crazy. I remember the term exams which would decide our fate in the medical career. When all my mates glued their eyeballs in the bible of physicians, I was doing justice towards my passion for movies. Though I managed to clear the terms with a not so satisfying performance, but I thoroughly enjoyed every movie of the veteran actors.

I confess my soft corner for the gorgeous actress, Madhubala. The talented actor is the strongest reason for my love for old movies. The melodious music and the meaningful dialogues were responsible for the success of that iconic era. By now I have watched hundreds of Bollywood movies, and have seen most of them on repeat. The magic of those films is such that I can watch them over and over again for years. These are those priceless treasures which will always stay close to my heart.

Movies have been and would always be my first love. Years passed by, the faces have changed and the fresh people have taken over the industry with a unique thinking and creativity. I respect their contribution in entertaining the masses with their extraordinary work.

Ajith Kozhikote

No comments:

Post a Comment